The MSc in Digital Marketing & Social Media is offered as a Double Degree program by our School of Management-Marketing and CITY College University of York Europe Campus
Description of the MSc. program (basic elements):
- Degree from the University of York, UK
- Degree from the Romanian-American University, Romania
- 2 years – full-time attendance, 120 ECTS
- Digital Marketing & Social Media – Study Guide
- Tuition Fees and Finances
Why choosing this master program?
Digital marketing channels have moved to the forefront of global marketing communications, creating a high industry demand for professionals with specialized skills. This has made digital marketing channels and social media the most widespread, interactive and essential of all modern marketing tools. Any effective marketing campaign will include them in its strategy.
The MA in Digital Marketing and Social Media focuses on digital marketing and social media communications channels within a strategic marketing context. The program balances theoretical knowledge and its practical application in the field.
Apart from providing core knowledge in strategic marketing, advertising and sales and on-line consumer behaviour, the students will acquire this specialist knowledge and skills. This knowledge and skills in digital marketing communications, digital marketing analytics and social media marketing which will afford them an advantage when seeking employment within the field.
The program will remain contemporary and take account of ever changing market conditions and innovation in digital and social media through embedded research and practitioner insight.
The program is aimed primarily at young graduates with or without a related degree and young marketing professionals wishing to improve their skills and professional qualifications in digital and social media.
The program aims to:
- Provide students with core and specialized knowledge, understanding and skills in digital and social media marketing to address current and future industry requirements
- To provide students with an understanding of the organizational and environmental context in which digital marketing and social media will be implemented and managed
- Develop subject specific and key transferable skills which enable them to work in digital and social media marketing, but also to work effectively with professionals from other disciplines
- To develop the students’ capacity to identify and analyze marketing problems, challenges, opportunities and suggest alternative rational courses of action through the use of new media
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate relevant knowledge of digital and social media marketing, the associated technologies, its management and the environment in which it is applied and managed.
- Apply the appropriate techniques to enable a detailed assessment of relevant digital and social media marketing related issues and be able to develop a data-driven marketing strategy
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues in digital and social media marketing which is informed by leading edge research and practice in the field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how social media influences marketing and be able to use various social media channels to publish and disseminate relevant branded content in order to engage audiences and to increase social impact, influence, and value.
- Identify the main difference between traditional consumer behaviour and the online one and be able to apply knowledge about the latter in understanding the needs of on-line customers.
- Demonstrate an understanding how predictive analytics is used in digital marketing to evaluate the past and provide an assessment of future actions and know which tools to use
- Develop a successful web presence for a business or organization by using the most effective web tools & platforms
- Identify, design and independently investigate a significant problem in the relevant domains deploying ethically responsible and appropriate research methods to present a substantial, in depth critical analysis and evaluation of the findings.
Graduates should be able to:
- Develop solutions to real life problems and challenges associated with the ever evolving and changing nature of the digital era
- demonstrate an ability to acquire and analyze data and information, to evaluate their relevance and validity, and to synthesize a range of information in the context of new situations
- analyze alternative perspectives and options and present a considered opinion or course of action orally and/or written format
- competently complete individual and/or team projects in a professional, culturally aware and ethically responsible manner where appropriate
- critically reflect on the learning process in order to achieve continuing personal and professional development goals
- digital marketing manager- analyze digital marketing alternative options and present documented courses of action
- digital market research manager- collect and analyze data in a digital context to comprehend marketing perspectives and deliver reports for decision making
- digital marketing strategist- propose short and long-term marketing objectives and strategies to be used by digital organizations and/or in the digital environment
- Discount for early registration in the first academic year;
- International professors for courses included in the curriculum, in addition to numerous other guest courses, with free attendance for RAU students;
- Career counselling after graduation for all students interested to work in Romania
- International exchange programs available all over the world
- International activities in the campus (conferences, round tables, workshops, festivals, job fair, etc.)
- Scholarships based on academic performance are available for 10% of the students in each program
Get Started Today!